Hola!!!
This week has been pretty good, things have been changing a lot in the mission so my companion is always gone at District Leader training things. I just realized I haven't told you about all these birds here. There are all this Big black ugly birds, like thousands of them that sit on the intersection telephone poles and just scretch and yell soooo loud and they always drop poop on us. But if you clap your hands next to them, they all fly away and it looks just like the Wizard of Oz when she tells her monkeys to fly, so I always yell out "fly my prettys! fly my prettys!" haha but that is one of the weird things here.
Also something weird I was thinking about the other day, we are in the united states, and people don't know English, like this guy in our ward took us to a tacoria and I tried to order in English and the guy didn't understand me. The culture here is so different, I cant explain it. especially the part I am in, because they are like nice houses, but everyone speaks Spanish.
We had a guy get super in our face this last week. this was the conversation, in Spanish and English (tex mex), I'll just write it in English so you can understand. (happened in like the only ghetto part of our area where there are just a bunch of chickens walking around haha)
Guy; hey what you guys doing around here?
us; preaching the gospel. whats your name?
guy; jose, hey don't go to that house over there
us; why?
guy; cause they aren't home
us; but we just called them, and they are home
guy; give me there number
us;uhh...no
guy; if you ever see you guys here at night im getting my shot gun out
us; do you even own this place?
guy; doesn't matter
my companion; whats your name again?
guy; udhf;h it doesn't even matter guys
me; wait isn't your name jose?
guy; I SAID IT DOESNT MATTER
and than he started harassing our member so we had to get out of there. there are weird people around here who won't
tell us there names and want to pull there shot guns out on us and try and kick us off of public property. haha
anyway, there are just weird experiences like that daily.
For my spiritual thought this week, I have been thinking about a little talk I read by President Thomas S Monson, and a quote in it reads, "when the time for decision has come, the time for preparation has passed" I think we often forget that preparation is a big part of making decisions. Whether they be big or small, you need to prepare. Its like getting ready for a recital (by the way good job everyone in your music things!!!! You are all awesome!) if you don't prepare, you are destined to fall short of what you could have been. We all have the potential to do great and powerful things, if we will prepared and abide by what the lord has asked us to do! I love you all very much, have a great week!!!
Love Elder Sherman
p.s. there are all these ducks here, and they look like dinosaurs, they are so ugly
p.s.s. I don't know why, but the other picture is in the middle of the email, but this is me at a Resaca in our area, and they one above is of what people "think" is "easter candy here. ...there was a reason it was on clearance... so gross
No comments:
Post a Comment