Monday, April 21, 2014


April 21


First of all, I'm super super excited for Jeremy and the special mothers day you will have!!! I am excited to talk to all of you! what day Is mothers day? I need to probably find out so I know when to call you.
This was a super fun week! mostly because it was Easter!!!! it was very interesting getting to think and study about Easter from the point of view as a missionary. I really have grown my appreciation for the Savior and everything he does so much more lately.
Easter was very interesting from another cultural view, as you can tell from the title, CASCARONES!!!!!!!! haha im sure you have heard of them, but they are real eggs that they feel with confetti and than smash and peoples heads. We went to a members house and there were a ton of people there and we smashed something like 521 eggs or something. so many cascarones. so it is very different from the American Easter.


But it is always important to remember the true meaning of Easter. I hope yall had time to talk and learn a little bit about the resurrection. We have had some major miracles here. We were really struggling finding people to teach. And we finally fasted for a miracle and we were able to find someone and it was one of the most spiritual lessons ever. when he prayed about Joseph smith he just looked at the ground for so long and than finally looked at us and just said "I don't know what that was, but something came over me" it was so amazing. he accepted to be baptized on the spot. we need to teach him a lot still but he is really really prepared. I'm super excited. the lord really does give us miracles when we ask for them. For my spiritual thought comes from one of my regular interviews with president, at the end he gave me about 8 scriptures he just pulled out of his head. he told me he wanted me to study and apply them, they sounded super random, like a ton of old testament chapters. but I started reading them and pulling a ton of different things out of them. My love for the scriptures has been growning a ton lately and so that is kinda what I wanted to share with you, to LOVE THE SCRIPTURES. pull everything you can out of them. that is why the lord gives us them. I love you all! I have some good pictures for yall!





No comments:

Post a Comment